Creating a WordPress category couldn’t be easier.
- Login to your WordPress site
- Click “Posts”
- Click “Categories”
- Give your category a name
- Give your category a “slug” this is the url of your category (optional it will do this for you by hyphenating the category name). Depending on how your permalinks are setup this will appear in the URL of your browser. This is very important for SEO.
- Give your category a “parent” (optional). This will make it a sub-category.
- Give your category a description. (optional)
NOTE: “Uncategorized” is a default WordPress Category. Any post that is not assigned a cateogry will be placed in this category automatically.